Monday, March 19, 2012
Just quickly, I had 12 things on my list, I added one more because I forgot about it and from the final list of 13 items I was able to cross off 5 things. I unpicked the jacket, finished the dress and skirt (the additional item), sewed the granny squares together for the baby blanket and finished the other baby blanket which consisted of crocheting 2 full balls of yarn. That took up most of my time. After that my back was hurting and I lost motivation so I started a new pair of socks to work on on the train during the week. Overall I am happy with what I achieved.
Saturday, March 17, 2012
Like every crafter I have a collection of UFOs awaiting my attention. This is for a number of reasons:
1. Because I spend a lot of time on public transport or waiting for public transport, I often have portable projects on the go.
2. I see new ideas I just HAVE to try.
3. I do a lot of different crafts so it is not unusual for me to have something on the knitting needles, crochet hook, a hand sewing project as well as something cut, pinned and next to the machine.
4. Plus there is also the quilting problem of putting a top together and not having the appropriate batting or backing to go with it.
So this weekend while my lovely boyfriend is away at a family wedding I have made a list of things to finish. NOT things I want to make but things I have started and not yet finished. So far the number is 12 items. Oops. My list looks like this:
- granny square baby blanket - to pieced together
- granny square lap rug - needs more squares and piecing
- crochet baby blanket - needs another 10 rows
- jelly roll quilt - needs backing/quilting
- stacked coins quilt - needs corners reinforced
- yellow dress - needs hemming and one strap finished
- little black jacket - may be taken apart as I believe the sleeves went missing
- blue knit scarf - only half way through - may be taken apart and turned into a pair of socks
- I spy book - cut and pinned ready to sew
- ragged edge quilt
- zig zag quilt - hand quilting in progress
- crochet bag - needs straps
Now obviously they are not all going to get done this weekend I can get a start. Also, they may not all end up as they start. I anticipate the granny square lap rug turning into a scarf so I can use the rest of the wool for something else.
I'll have to post on monday morning and let you all know how I went with it all.
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
This is my first pair of socks I knit for myself. Obviously this it just one sock, this is before I finished the other one. Pretty snazzy hey. The reason it's stripey by the way was because I wasn't sure how much yarn the pair would take. Turns out I could have had them both done with one ball. Go figure.