1. Because I spend a lot of time on public transport or waiting for public transport, I often have portable projects on the go.
2. I see new ideas I just HAVE to try.
3. I do a lot of different crafts so it is not unusual for me to have something on the knitting needles, crochet hook, a hand sewing project as well as something cut, pinned and next to the machine.
4. Plus there is also the quilting problem of putting a top together and not having the appropriate batting or backing to go with it.
So this weekend while my lovely boyfriend is away at a family wedding I have made a list of things to finish. NOT things I want to make but things I have started and not yet finished. So far the number is 12 items. Oops. My list looks like this:
- granny square baby blanket - to pieced together
- granny square lap rug - needs more squares and piecing
- crochet baby blanket - needs another 10 rows
- jelly roll quilt - needs backing/quilting
- stacked coins quilt - needs corners reinforced
- yellow dress - needs hemming and one strap finished
- little black jacket - may be taken apart as I believe the sleeves went missing
- blue knit scarf - only half way through - may be taken apart and turned into a pair of socks
- I spy book - cut and pinned ready to sew
- ragged edge quilt
- zig zag quilt - hand quilting in progress
- crochet bag - needs straps
Now obviously they are not all going to get done this weekend I can get a start. Also, they may not all end up as they start. I anticipate the granny square lap rug turning into a scarf so I can use the rest of the wool for something else.
I'll have to post on monday morning and let you all know how I went with it all.