It occurs to me I havent blogged so much lately. Uni, family and life in general seem to keep getting in the way of both crafting and blogging. I have done some things but instead of telling you that I cleaned my house last week and reorganised my sewing table, and that I have the week off and many projects in mind - both UFOs and new projects - and promise to blog again at the end of the week particularly since I havent done much in the way of OPAMing I shall be insired by Clare and tell you 10 things about myself.
1. I am tantalisingly close to being done with my uni degree.
2. I have absolutely no idea what my plans are for next year, but I do know there will be crafting!
3. I'm the second oldest of 5 kids. But my brother was always the rebel so I still get 'you're the oldest you have to set the example' *sigh*
4. Sometimes I feel I'm in my forties at heart because I truly am a housewife. I love to cook, both for myself and others and I love making other people happy, I also sew, knit, crochet and bead and I really am happy at home with my own setup.
5. I am quite nervous about my family meeting my boyfriend on Sunday - not because I'm concerned about their opinion but because he is. I don't want them to scare him off.
6. My guitar currently has rainbow coloured strings on it. It makes me smile every time I look at it.
7. I really do love the smell of clean washing. Particularly that of clean sheets when you get into bed. However I loathe making the bed.
8. My house is lived in. It is not dirty, but often cluttered. However I know exactly where everything is and you can always navigate your way around. Mind you, my house consists of 2 rooms so there's a limit to how cluttered it can get and still be manageable.
9. I love my nephew dearly, he really is quite cute, but gee he's an odd duck. He walks like a penguin, makes the cutest face when he's in trouble and the other day when I was doing uni work discovered which button to press on my phone to make it light up. Sounds cute until you hear he was supposed to be brushing his teeth so now my textbook, laptop keyboard and my touch screen phone are covered in white sticky fingerprints.
10. I have many projects in mind for this week including a hand pieced quilt. I am determined! however, to finish my hexi quilt before starting another large hand piecing project. I may just try the pattern out on a cushion instead.
So there you go. Ten things about me. Enjoy, feel free to play along. Happy friday.
P.S. Anyone following the Christmas Sew-along over here, today is friday. Keep an eye out for block 5.
P.P.S. Tonight is Friday night sew in - sign up here