Sunday, February 19, 2012

On my mind

Apologies for the lack of posting lately, I've been busy with...well... life in general. I've been spending my time focusing on 3 things: my tafe course, my source of income, and my future. Let me explain.

1. My tafe course, while it is interesting is a lot of work. There are quite a few assessments to get through, the days are long, the transports a nightmare, they've just changed the timetable and the main tutor is a bit rough.

2. My income currently consists of centrelink. It's not glamourous I know but while I'm studying it provides what I need to make rent, bus fares and groceries. However my course is only for 6 months and I don't want to be on centrelink forever. I want/need to work on getting more/better income. I do want a job but I'm not planning on staying in the area long. I have been selling fabric and crafted items online and at the markets for a last few months but thus far it's not enough to provide a reliable wage.

I'd like to do the markets more often but I don't have a car as of yet to do them regularly. I have approached a couple of shops about selling my stuff on consignment so my next move is to go through my stuff and find the best stuff I have to sell.

3. My future consists of both the last 2 things but also of growing my fruits and herbs on my windowsill, learning how to make my own pasta and bread and other stuff, continuing to be frugal with my money, learning new skills and making plans to move in the next few months. I am very much looking forward to having my own house/flat where I don't have to worry about housemates and other stuff. I also can't wait to get out of my local area.

I can't wait to move to a place where I can do my own thing without people looking over my shoulder and where I have my darling boyfriend to take care of and make a life with.


So there you go. I've had a lot on my mind lately but am always learning new skills, drafting new projects and making plans for my future. I've eased off the craft forum and have been spending more of my time on the down to earth forum. I'm still crafting but am now spending more time just trying to get by rather than be inspired to buy yet more craft materials when I don't have much money. I'm thinking more about my future than right now at the moment, which is where I really need to be focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment